Under the direction of the Director, the Sports Supervisor provides leadership and management of sports programming within the Family Center. The Sports Supervisor manages member participation and retention through the development and execution of sports programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all members.
- Implement youth and adult sports programs that promote retention of existing members and engagement of new members. Direct staff to support sports initiatives to achieve retention goals.
- Analyze data, systems and processes to recognize growth and retention opportunities within the Sports department.
- Ensure proper implementation of sports schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for member/staff connections. Collaborate and work effectively with all departments to achieve desired results.
- Identify and employ best practices in systems and technology to support effective management of the Sports department. Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance sports participation and member retention.
- Establish systems for regularly scheduled gym and equipment inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times. Coordinate and schedule equipment maintenance and repairs. Purchase equipment, parts and supplies approved by the purchase requisition process.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. Ensure all staff are current with required certifications.
- Create and implement sports programs with an effort to allow participants to continue along a succession plan from youth sports to adult sports participation. Increase program and gym participation through product knowledge and interactions with existing and potential members. Collaborate with department leads to maximize enrollments in program registration and gym usage.
- Plan and execute sports events at the Family Center. Promote the Family Center and the YMCA of Central Florida's special events among the members and community.
- Establish and lead a volunteer Sports committee that assists in development and execution of membership retention efforts.
- Recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate skill depth level for the department. Supervise department staff. Support training and career succession plan for staff team.
- Provide leadership through established performance goals and standards, regular assessment of staff performance including annual performance evaluations, and staff meetings.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to plan and manage the Sports budget. Control payroll and department purchasing costs within the budget and financial guidelines.
- Identify and recruit active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Provide leadership and understanding of the mission of the YMCA of Central Florida to staff and members. Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Associate's degree or equivalent in related field required; sports management, recreation management, physical education or related field of study preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of previous supervisory and leadership experience in sports and/or customer service related filed preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have valid Florida driver license.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Proficient with technology; including Microsoft Office, required.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity, and understanding.
- Has ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced multi-priority environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time. May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and employment verification.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.