- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Williams Company, a 100% employee owned company is searching for a qualified Preconstruction Manager. The Preconstruction Manager reports to the Director of Preconstruction, or assigned Project Executive. Depending on the type of project and the staff available at the time of the project, the assigned Project Executive may be a Project Executive, Vice President, Chief Operations Officer, President or the Chief Executive Officer.
The Preconstruction Manager is accountable for determining the most efficient total cost to complete assigned projects. This requires the Preconstruction Manager to have adequate subcontractor and vendor pricing coverage and to have complete accurate takeoff of the project scope quantities. All types of estimates are required including conceptual, preliminary budgets, final detailed estimates, negotiated pricings, competitive bids and self-perform estimates. He or she is also expected to strategize the overall composition of the estimate scope/pricing to create the best balance between Client service, profit, team and logistics.
* College degree required, preferably with a BS in building construction, engineering or architecture.
* Minimum of 7 years of construction experience in a related capacity.
* Knowledge of computer software including Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
* Excellent math, typing and computer skills.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle confidential material is essential.
* Excellent organizational skills are required.
* Excellent memory is required.
* The position requires a self-starter who can work without close supervision and always represents Williams Company in a professional and competent manner.
* Must be located in or near the Tampa area.
The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for estimating the cost of work prior to project start. The PCM is responsible for coordinating the overall project team during preconstruction. The team includes the Project Executive, Project Manager, Precon Coordinator and any other assistants available. Understanding the scope of the project, completing quantity survey of all work and assembling bids from competent subcontractors to perform the work is required. Creating and compiling final documentation for bid/price submission to the client.
Upon estimate completion, a turnover meeting will be organized and chaired by the Preconstruction Manager to pass control of the project to the Project Manager/Superintendent operational team. The turnover objective is an effective communication of the entire estimate including cost related requirements, subcontract team, project documents, and contract terms.
The Preconstruction Manager is expected to perform all work listed and/or assemble a team to perform portions of the work. The Preconstruction manager is responsible for the final work product and must properly coordinate, monitor and effectively use the team to achieve proper performance. Williams Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.